Top 5 SQL Server Monitoring Techniques That You Ought to Learn
If we talk about SQL then we need to know what does this mean. It stands for Structured Query Language. It is an essential component for the database administration. This is language and a certification which is mainly requires for them who usually look after the installation, updating and security part of the database. To be very specific the total database management administrator is highly requires being a SQL certified. The administrators at times evaluate the server’s performance by applying the idea of partition and index modification.
Five SQL Server Monitoring Tools
There are various kind of performance or monitoring tools which claims to be the best but if we consider the scenario of a workload which is SLA bound then it has be the SQL server. The reason behind is the other performance tools cannot provide the extensive support that is being provided by the SQL server. These five tools are the most important and essential tools because they have the ability to find the root cause analysis of the performance issues. If you really want to increase the performance then you have to have the right tools for the right job you want to execute. These five tools give you the opportunity to experience an end-user work environment.
- DB Performance Centre XE (XE): This helps you find out the right tool for your right job which will increase the performance and monitoring capability. 24×7 monitoring tool, it ensures that the total database is up which includes the memory, I/O, contention, space, network, server and SQL. This monitoring tool always monitors the all required metrics of a database administrator. Now the advantage of having XE is that you don’t need to have different set of tools for a mix and match database environment.
- SQL Solutions’ SQL Suite: This particular technique or tool has a set of monitoring tools which gives an option to the user that they can choose amongst them. The options are Trace analyzer, Deadlock Detector and ultimate debugger. Now the user can choose the most beneficial thing for their particular business. The trace analyzer is something which helps to locate of identify the actual problem area for the non-performing tools and solves the issue. The Deadlock detector helps to locate the SQL deadlock instantly and fix up the problem. This deadlock thing is the area of concern when two processes try to access the same set of record.
- SQL Server Monitor: This is a tool which helps to monitor the server with full concentration and making aware of the solution for the environment you are using. By this tool you will be able to find out and differentiate the working procedure of the end-user environment. This tool is responsible for monitoring and analyzing the server performance from the ground level. This is useful because it has a top level of error management procedure and raising panic button to alert.
- Heroix Longitude: This is a tool which provides a total database oriented monitoring for SQL server and reporting solution as well. These kinds of tools are very user friendly and they are very easy to run. The price of these tools is also pretty affordable and they are very wide-ranging scope of working. Prior using it full time you always have option to download the trial version for it and then you can go for the full version after evaluation of the trial version.
- Zero Impact SQL Monitor: These monitoring tools are bit different from the SQL power tools. This tool declares to be master of capturing all the end-user SQL. This is done specially without any hassle of middleware. This monitoring tool is something which works as a Zero Impact tool. There is nothing called mandate in terms of installation of this particular tool in the local database. This is the logic which says that this is Zero impact monitoring tool. Again if you want to evaluate and then want to use it for a full time, download and use the trial version first.
Criss Derek has been in this field of 1u Server for a long time now. All the required knowledge that he has acquired is the result of his involvement in the field.